Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool #10

I do not have an iphone or itouch but have friends with them. Also, I attended a training this summer and was able to use one and doodle on it. I will use the itouches in learning centers. I'm very excited about using it in my library center as a listening center. I'm going to buy a jack that I can plug into the itouch and it will hold earphones. I'm excited because there is an app that allows you to talk and record your voice. So, I'll read books onto it and the kids can choose the app and listen to the stories while following along in the book. BEST THING...it's easy and my teaching partner can read Spanish stories on it and then the kids will be listening to both English and Spanish stories. A teammate of mine is an expert at finding great apps for K...I look forward to hearing what she has and possibly incorporating some of the ABC apps into my ABC center. Also I found an app "Sightwords Free" that could be used as a warmup in small group.

No comments:

Post a Comment